Receptionsit/Legal Support Staff
The ideal candidate will represent the firm in a positive and welcoming way. The candidate must be able to perform a variety of functions while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor, including:
- Answer and transfer calls on a multi-line phone system
- Accept deliveries, sort mail, and maintain phone lists
- Greet visitors, offer beverages and set-up conference room for meetings and events
- Create, manage, and maintain electronic and hard-copy files
While the primary responsibilities are noted above, the position will also require supplemental support for the office’s attorneys and legal staff members with case-related tasks, including:
- Open and close new matters and coordinate conflicts checks.
- Assist attorneys with case-related tasks, including handling billing and vendor matters, managing attorney calendars and keeping files up-to-date and organized.
- Preparation, review and formatting of filings, memos, letters, and excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain attorney calendars, plan and schedule conferences, teleconferences, and travel, and record and monitor deadlines.
- Basic administrative tasks, such as copying, scanning, faxing, answering telephone calls, respond to and assist client inquiries, and provide attorneys and clients with information in order to assure appropriate follow-through and/or resolution.
- Minimum of one year office experience, preferably in a legal environment.
- The ability to speak and write effectively and interact in a professional manner with clients and counsel.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Moderate computer skills and experience with the internet, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and produce accurate documents quickly.
- Must exhibit a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, and decision-making skills.
Interested candidates should submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.