Litigation Legal Assistant/Paralegal
The ideal candidate must maintain a positive working relationship with attorneys, support staff and clients. The position's primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create, manage, organize and maintain electronic and hard-copy files, including but not limited to voluminous document production in relation to discovery matters
- Open and close new matters and coordinate conflicts checks
- Assist attorneys with case-related tasks, including handling billing and vendor matters, managing attorney calendars and keeping files up-to-date and organized
- Familiarization of e-filing procedures in multiple counties
- Responsible for the follow through and oversight of discovery and subpoena requests
- Preparation, review and formatting of filings, memos, letters, and excel spreadsheets
- Maintain attorney calendars, plan and schedule depositions, conferences, teleconferences, and travel, and record and monitor deadlines
- Basic administrative tasks, such as copying, scanning, faxing, answering telephone calls, respond to and assist client inquiries, and provide attorneys and clients with information in order to assure appropriate follow-through and/or resolution
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a legal environment.
- Experience with client management software is a plus.
- The ability to speak and write effectively and interact in a professional manner with clients and counsel.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Intermediate computer skills and general knowledge of email, internet, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and produce accurate documents quickly.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and e-filing procedures.
- Must exhibit a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, and decision-making skills.
Interested candidates should submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.