Reger Rizzo & Darnall’s Entertainment, Hospitality & Sports Law Group understands the unique challenges our clients face on a daily basis. We recognize that each client brings with them a distinct set of opportunities, goals and challenges. Our team of attorneys understands these goals, and challenges, and is well-equipped to handle the full range of legal issues facing professionals in the entertainment, hospitality and sporting arenas.
Our Entertainment, Hospitality & Sports Law Group provides legal and consulting services to a wide range of companies, such as: major and minor league sports teams; recreational facilities; hotels, resorts and casinos; restaurants, night clubs, bars and lounges; radio stations; entertainment and event promotion companies; talent agencies, producers and management companies; television and film production companies and industry executives; publishing companies; and other companies immersed in the entertainment, hospitality and/or sporting industries.
Our team of dedicated, aggressive, practical attorneys has extensive experience addressing the needs of clients immersed in these fields, including drafting and negotiating management, development, licensing, and distribution agreements, as well as producer contracts. Companies in these fields require experienced attorneys who are able to advise them on day-to-day operations in order to minimize risk and maximize profitability. Additionally, when things do not go as planned, our attorneys stand ready to defend clients in a wide range of matters from serious injury claims to contract and employment issues.
Our clients range from small business owners to national, professional organizations. Our attorneys have handled a wide variety of matters in this field, both domestically and internationally, including:
- Defending sports teams, hotels, casinos, recreational facilities and athletes in litigation arising from their routine operations
- Providing guidance on complying with regulatory laws in fields such as broadcasting, boxing and sports and fitness clubs
- Registering and defending trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property
- Counseling facilities on the use of indemnity agreements, liability waivers and insurance contracts to minimize risk
- Counseling companies on issues related to corporate structure and employment-related issues
- Negotiating contracts and licensing agreements on behalf of athletes and companies for autographs, personal appearances and other advertising related activities
- Negotiating professional sports contracts between players and teams
- Drafting royalty agreements for musicians and other artists
- Representing athletes facing sanctions by sports governing bodies
Our team of attorneys has been immersed in the entertainment, hospitality and sporting industries for decades and draw upon these past experiences when representing clients. The group includes a former agent, once certified by the NFL and NBA players associations; a former editor and technical director for New York and Philadelphia television stations; and a professional entertainer. Additionally, as a result of our experiences in the field, two of our attorneys currently teach Legal and Ethical Issues in Sports and Recreation at Temple University, earning two separate teaching awards for Excellence in the Classroom.
Through our past experiences, our attorneys possess a keen understanding of the intricacies associated with our clients’ businesses, and therefore, are able to understand and relate to clients on a fundamental level. The depth of our experience coupled with the breadth of our firm’s experience in other practice areas, such as Litigation
and Financial Services Law
, provides clients with the highest level of legal services, unmatched by our industry counterparts.
Related Articles & Resources